Stand, Don't Run.

Category: , , By Ryan Johns
Ok,

We've all messed up right? Made mistakes had to face the music, watch as selfish actions hurt loved ones, friends and others. You know when the whispered conversations in the corner are directed at something stupid you did. I think we've all been there. I know I've been there, and rightfully so.

But what do you do about something like that? I know my human nature is to turn and RUN like crazy. I picked a few cool cities I could move to and start my own mess-up protection plan. We tend to want to turn to self-preservation and do whatever we can to run and hide and heal.

Is running right though? I got some great advice from my friend Brad Fain and Dad/Pastor. When I wanted to run and quit and let things blow over, they told me to stand. As bad as you want to crawl in a corner and as conscientious as you might be about what everyone around you is thinking. Stand your ground.

The devil wants nothing more than to have you tuck your tail and run.

Look at America today. Why do you think 50% of all marriages end in divorce. Somewhere along the lines, someone took easy way out and ran. Ran from problems, ran from faithfulness, ran from love, ran from a sure thing to experience new and undefined things.

Don't run. Stand! A friend of mine, Rob Greene wrote a song called "Stand" lyrics say "Stand up, hold your head up." It's an awesome song, check him out on myspace. He's a great artist.

The Bible also has a few things to say about standing.

Ex. 14: 13
13 And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will ashew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.


Gal. 5: 1
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Those are just two scriptures with great examples. The children of Israel were always scared and running, but when they stood their ground, God fought their battles. And in the second passage, Gal. 5:1 if we would stand fast and hold still Jesus will make us free, free from all the condemnation and bondage that us as sinful, mistake-laden, human beings can have upon us due to our not-so-bright decisions.

Don't run, stand up, hold your head up! It's gonna be allright! :)

- RJ
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Angie Mosley July 2, 2008 at 1:21 AM
    Those are some powerful comments, Ryan. It reminds me of the scripture that says, "though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. You strtch out your hand against the anger of my foes. With your right hand you will save me" ps 138:7. It doesn't mattwer the situation, God is God, and that won't ever change. He has prepared a path of victory for us. We just have to walk in it.

    Angie

Something to say?